Table of contents
- Interesting facts about DHL package tracking
- How the tracking of a package works
- The journey of a DHL package from the store to your home
- DHL Package Depots
- The question of time - when will the package arrive?
- Possible status messages in DHL shipment tracking
- First aid for problems with your DHL package
- What happens when you are not at home
Interesting facts about DHL package tracking
You have most likely landed on this page because you are expecting a DHL package. Did you know that the name DHL is an acronym for the initials of the founders Adrian Dalsey, Larry Hillblom and Robert Lynn? In 1969, the three founded the parcel and letter express service.
A parcel carrier delivers a package with DHL. © Bildrechte: DHL
The company is now represented worldwide and employs over 520,000 people in more than 220 countries! In Germany alone, DHL Paket has around 13,000 branches, 11,000 parcel stores, 3,200 DHL Packstations and around 800 DHL Paketboxes.¹
DHL estimates that by the end of 2011, around 1.7 billion shipments were transported in Germany alone, including 4.6 million parcels per working day.¹
With such large volumes, it is extremely helpful to be able to determine the current locations of parcels with DHL Parcel Tracking.
Back to the table of contents↑
How tracking a package works
For domestic shipments in Germany, DHL packages usually take 1-2 business days. For international shipments, delivery can also take 1-2 weeks. Good that there is exactly for these cases the DHL shipment tracking.
The package tracking, or also called shipment tracking (in English track and trace), provides information about where shipments are at a certain time.²
Maybe you have already noticed the barcode on the label of your DHL package. With this, machine-readable, code the computer-controlled stations can recognize, where the transmission is to be dispatched. A clever system, with which you can track at any time, where your package is currently located!
The detailed shipment history of a package via DHL shipment tracking
On the official DHL page for shipment tracking or on parcello.org you can then see, in great detail, which stations your package has already passed through and which it still has to pass through before you can hold it in your hands.
Back to the table of contents↑
The journey of a DHL package from the store to your home
At the beginning of every DHL shipment tracking, you certainly know the famous sentence "The order data for this shipment has been electronically transmitted to DHL by the sender." This means that the online store from which you ordered has already announced the package to DHL and it can be picked up by the DHL parcel carrier at any time. It is already recorded in the system.
From the sender to the starting parcel center
After the DHL parcel carrier has picked up the shipments, all parcels are now driven to a regional parcel center. You can then recognize this step in your DHL shipment tracking by the shipment status: "The shipment has been processed at the start parcel center." There, your package will be sorted, scanned and loaded into the correct truck. Did you know that during the automatic scan the parcel is measured, weighed and often photographed?³ If a parcel should ever be insufficiently franked or damaged, this can be determined and tracked using the photo.
From the starting parcel center to the destination parcel center to you
The next step is usually to transport your parcel to the destination parcel center. For domestic shipments this is done by truck, for international shipments mostly by cargo airplane. Most shipments arrive at the destination parcel centers during the night. From there, all parcels are sorted and loaded into the correct DHL delivery vehicles. As soon as the parcel carrier has loaded his vehicle, he sets off on his delivery route and delivers the shipments either to your front door, to a branch or to a Packstation - just as you have selected in advance. But more about that later.
Parcels from abroad
Naturally, the above course is the "ideal course" of a national shipment. It's usually different if you're expecting a parcel from abroad.
The DHL delivery vehicle
One DHL parcel carrier and one DHL delivery vehicle | © Bildrechte: DHL
The most important component in tracking - the tracking number
The DHL shipment number, also known as tracking ID, is usually a combination of numbers and letters that helps you to clearly identify your package for tracking and tracing.These numbers can be between 10 and 39 digits long⁴ and usually start with "JJD..." or "00340..." at DHL. For international shipments, which were handed over by other shipping service providers, the shipment numbers are usually 13 characters long, with the last two characters indicating which country the package originated from.
Back to the table of contents↑
DHL Parcel Depots
In the previous section, we looked at the journey of your parcel. The most important stations here are the DHL Paketdepots, or parcel centers.These parcel depots are used as intermediate stations, shipments are bundled and sorted. Subsequently, the onward transport to the next parcel depot takes place.
In total, there are 34 parcel depots for the further processing of DHL parcels distributed throughout Germany.⁶ The depots are divided into different "routing areas" and named to match the initial digits of the respective postal codes. A DHL parcel depot in 10115 Berlin therefore belongs to routing area 10. Unfortunately, it is not possible to pick up your parcel from one of the 34 parcel depots at DHL. If you fear that something went wrong with your shipment, please first contact the DHL support hotline.
Back to the table of contents↑
The question of time - when will the package arrive?
Everyone knows it when tracking their package. Knowing the day when the DHL package will arrive is already great, but knowing the exact time is more helpful! That's exactly where we come in with parcello™ DHL package tracking. At that time, we at parcello™ were surprised that there was no information about this yet. So in 2011, we came up with the idea of using statistics and artificial intelligence to predict parcel routes, and parcello™ was born. Since then, we have changed the logistics industry significantly, because we were pioneers with our idea to provide a delivery window and time. Millions of people can now plan their day more wisely, thanks to our delivery time prediction.
How does DHL shipment tracking work with parcello™?
You have two options. If you have a shipment number (or also called tracking ID), you can easily enter the number in the search box via this parcello page and then click "Track Shipment".
DHL package tracking with parcello™
After that, all relevant data will be displayed. If you now, in the second step, enter your address, the forecast will be more accurate and can, based on the surrounding data, calculate a delivery window for you. The advantage of parcello™ is that we can always specify a time window, with the DHL tracking this is unfortunately not always the case.
If you don't have a tracking number available and just want to check when DHL usually delivers to you, go to the parcello page and click on the button "Only the times (without tracking number)". Then you enter your address and a time window will be displayed. The more data available in your area, the more accurate the time window will be. Our goal is to predict packages to within 10 minutes!
Back to the table of contents↑
Possible status messages in DHL shipment tracking
In the course of shipping, your package passes through many stations (see above). The respective shipping status can then give you information about where it is and what happened last with your shipment. The following list gives you an idea of what status messages DHL has. Please note that the list is not completely complete and is only based on one part of the packages that have been tracked via parcello. Errors excepted.
- Show all status messages →
- Arrival at the DHL distribution center in
- Arrival at the DHL delivery station in
- At the request of the recipient, a 2nd delivery attempt is made
- Due to damage to the outer packaging, the shipment was reworked.
- Due to damage, the shipment is delayed.
- Due to damage, the shipment was reworked.
- Due to a negative age check, the shipment could not be delivered.
- Due to an address error, the shipment could not be delivered and is being stored. Recipient has been notified
- Due to an address error, the shipment could not be delivered. The shipment will be returned to the sender
- Due to a forwarding order, the shipment will be forwarded to the new recipient address.
- Because of a disposal order of the sender, the shipment will be forwarded to the recipient.
- Ready for customs clearance in
- The collection order has been cancelled by the sender.
- The pickup order was transmitted to the carrier for execution on the next business day.
- The recipient of the shipment has filed a damage claim at the branch.
- The recipient has refused to accept the shipment.
- The recipient has picked up the shipment from the PACKSTATION.
- The recipient has picked up the shipment from the branch office.
- The recipient has not collected the shipment from the PACKSTATION within the nine-day storage period.
- The recipient has not picked up the shipment at the branch within the seven-day storage period.
- The recipient has chosen a branch as the new delivery address.
- The recipient has chosen a Packstation as the new delivery address.
- The recipient has chosen a new delivery address.
- The recipient cannot be determined (building/house no.unknown).
- The recipient can not be determined (name not on bell / mailbox).
- The recipient can not be determined (street not known).
- The recipient can not be determined (no access to the building).
- The recipient cannot be determined.
- The recipient has moved. The shipment will be readdressed and forwarded to the recipient.
- The recipient was not met and notified. The shipment is ready for pickup.
- The recipient was not encountered.
- The recipient was not encountered. The recipient was notified
- The recipient was not met. The shipment could not be delivered.
- The recipient was not encountered. There will be another delivery attempt.
- The desired day order to this shipment was rejected.
- The desired time order to this shipment was rejected.
- The order data for this shipment has been electronically transmitted to DHL by the sender.
- The international shipment was processed at the starting parcel center.
- The foreign shipment was processed at the export packing center.
- The recipient's company was closed. The shipment could not be delivered.
- The shipment from abroad arrived at the import parcel center.
- The shipment is on its way to the sender.
- The shipment is on its way to the recipient.
- The shipment is on its way to the packing station.
- The shipment is on its way to the branch as requested.
- The shipment does not comply with the terms and conditions.
- The shipment does not comply with the shipping terms.
- The shipment has exceeded the storage period due to a missing order of the sender.
- The shipment has left the import parcel center in the destination country.
- The shipment has left the parcel center.
- The shipment has left the starting parcel center
- The shipment has arrived at depot 00000 central warehouse.
- The shipment has arrived at depot 04435 Glesien.
- The shipment has arrived at the depot 07570 Weida.
- The shipment has arrived at the depot 12277 Berlin.
- The shipment has arrived at the depot 15366 Hoppegarten.
- The shipment has arrived at the depot 17111 Hohenmocker.
- The shipment has arrived at the depot 22113 Hamburg.
- The shipment has arrived at the depot 24109 Kiel.
- The shipment has arrived at the depot 30659 Hannover.
- The shipment has arrived at the depot 33609 Bielefeld.
- The shipment has arrived at the depot 36251 Bad Hersfeld.
- The shipment has arrived at the depot 48607 Ochtrup.
- The shipment has arrived at the depot 50169 Kerpen.
- The shipment has arrived at the depot 65439 Flörsheim am Main.
- The shipment has arrived at the depot 72639 Neuffen.
- The shipment has arrived at the depot 83624 Otterfing.
- The shipment has arrived at the depot 86609 Donauwörth.
- The shipment has arrived at the depot 89275 Elchingen.
- The shipment has arrived at the depot 99098 Erfurt.
- The shipment has arrived at the export parcel center.
- The shipment has arrived at the parcel center.
- The shipment has arrived at the starting parcel center.
- The shipment has arrived in the transit country.
- The shipment has arrived in the destination country.
- The shipment has arrived at the delivery depot.
- The shipment could not be delivered due to damage. The shipment will be returned to the sender.
- The shipment could not be delivered at the 2nd delivery attempt and is stored at a branch for pickup. The recipient has been notified.
- The shipment could not be delivered today.
- The shipment could not be set in the packing station.
- The shipment could not be set in the Packstation and was forwarded to a branch. The recipient has been notified.
- The shipment could not be delivered
- The shipment could not be delivered and will be forwarded to a Packstation. The recipient has been notified
- The shipment could not be delivered and will now be taken to the branch/agency for collection
- The shipment could not be delivered
- The shipment could not be delivered. The shipment will be returned to the sender.
- The shipment could not be delivered. There will be another delivery attempt.
- The shipment is stored until further processing.
- The shipment is ready for the recipient to pick up. The recipient has been notified.
- The shipment is ready for pickup at DHL Parcel Shop XYZ. You can find the address of the parcel store in the DHL shipment tracking!
- The shipment is ready for pickup at PACKSTATION XYZ. Details of the DHL shipment in the package tracking.
- The shipment is ready for pickup. The recipient has been notified.
- The shipment will be delivered to the new address.
- The shipment is being processed.
- The shipment will be stored until delivery on the requested day.
- The shipment is handed over to the customs office responsible for the recipient. The recipient can pick up the shipment there with the notification of customs.
- The shipment is processed in the parcel center.
- The shipment is prepared for delivery at the delivery depot.
- The shipment is processed at the delivery base.
- The shipment is transported to the destination country and handed over to the delivery organization there. (Homepage / Online shipment tracking:
- The shipment is transported to the destination country.
- The shipment will be temporarily stored at the delivery base until delivery.
- The shipment is temporarily stored (reset, vacation, company vacations, public vacation).
- The shipment is brought to the branch XYZ for collection. The earliest possible time of collection can be taken from the notification card. Further details, such as address and address, in the DHL shipment tracking.
- The shipment will be prepared for customs clearance in the destination country.
- The shipment has been picked up.
- The shipment was forwarded to an in-house post office.
- The item was deferred at the request of the recipient.
- The shipment was put on hold at the request of the recipient. There will be another delivery attempt.
- The shipment was removed from the Packstation.
- The shipment was delivered.
- The shipment was processed.
- The shipment was damaged and will be returned to the parcel center for repackaging.
- The shipment was delivered to the recipient by simplified company delivery from the incoming parcel center.
- The shipment was delivered to the recipient by simplified company delivery from the parcel center.
- The shipment was delivered to the recipient simplified according to the contract from the incoming parcel center.
- The shipment was handed over to customs.
- The shipment was released by customs.
- The shipment has been released by customs in the country of origin.
- The shipment has been released by customs in the destination country.
- The shipment was successfully delivered.
- The shipment was routed incorrectly and will now be forwarded to the recipient
- The shipment was incorrectly presorted and is now being forwarded to the recipient
- The shipment was presorted incorrectly and will now be processed again
- The shipment was processed at depot 00000 central warehouse.
- The shipment was processed at depot 17111 Hohenmocker.
- The shipment was processed at the parcel center.
- The shipment was processed at the starting parcel center.
- The shipment was processed in the destination package center.
- The shipment was loaded into the delivery vehicle. The time of delivery take the Parcello Crowd prediction.
- The shipment was loaded into the delivery vehicle. The time of delivery take from the Parcello Crowd prediction.
- The shipment was processed at the delivery base.
- The shipment was placed in the parcel box facility
- The shipment was transferred to an electronic delivery list
- The shipment was cancelled
- The shipment was handed over by the sender to a DHL parcel store.
- The shipment was handed over by the sender to the branch office.
- The shipment was handed over to the PACKSTATION by the sender.
- The shipment was picked up by the DHL parcel store and is going back to the sender.
- The shipment was picked up from the DHL Parcel Shop.
- The shipment was picked up by the recipient at the DHL Parcel Shop.
- The shipment was not picked up by the recipient. The shipment will be returned to the sender.
- The shipment was removed from the PACKSTATION for further transport.
- The shipment was taken to the XYZ branch for collection. The earliest possible time of collection can be taken from the notification card
- The shipment has been declared for export customs clearance in the country of origin.
- The shipment has been placed on hold.
- The shipment has been put on hold. Delivery is expected to take place on the next business day.
- The desired day delivery on XX.XX.20XX was ordered by the anonymous customer.
- The desired day delivery on XX.XX.20XX was ordered by the recipient.
- The delivery on the desired day was ordered.
- Delivery in the desired time window XX:00 to XX:00 was ordered by the sender.
- The delivery/collection of the shipment was notified for the period XX.XX.20XX XX:00 clock to XX.XX.20XX XX:00 clock. (Type: telephone)
- Delivery/collection of the shipment was notified for the period XX.XX.20XX XX:00 to XX.XX.20XX XX:00. (Type: card)
- The delivery specifications of the sender are incorrect.
- The data required for the delivery of the shipment are not available.
- The data required for delivery of the shipment is not available. The shipment will be returned.
- The slightly damaged shipment will be repackaged.
- The transfer of the COD amount to the payee has been made.
- Receiving address closed on delivery attempt
- Unsuccessful delivery attempt, recipient not at home
- A 2nd delivery attempt is made
- There is a return at the request of the sender.
- There is a return because the recipient can not be determined (unknown moved). An address check does not take place.
- There is a return because the recipient can not be determined. There is no address check.
- A delay has occurred in the transport process.
- There is a forwarding order from the recipient
- Planned for delivery
- Stored in delivery base due to advance directive
- Delay in customs clearance beyond DHL's control
- Self-collection agreed
- Shipment is in customs
- Shipment received
- Shipment has left pickup location
- Shipment has left DHL station in
- Shipment has left transshipment base
- Shipment in transit through
- Shipment in delivery, no delivery data available
- Shipment arrived at wrong delivery station. Forwarded to correct delivery station
- Shipment has arrived at delivery location
- Shipment has arrived at pickup location
- Shipment has been received at the envelope location
- Shipment with special delivery specifications: The shipper's delivery requirements could not be met
- Shipment returned to DHL station after delivery attempt
- Shipment sorted in
- Shipment was picked up in
- Shipment was successfully delivered
- Shipment was handed over in import to DHL Express
- Shipment has been delivered to the pickup location by the customer
- Shipment was delivered
- Shipment for storage at the station
- Shipment acceptance refused by recipient
- The shipment has been processed at terminal
- Shipper has ordered forwarding
- Shipper has ordered redelivery
- Shipper refuses delivery - Ident negative
- Customs clearance completed in
- Delay in customs clearance in
- There is a requested location/neighbor for this shipment
- Delivery to Packstation not possible
- Delivery not possible
- Additional address information required. Please contact your DHL Express customer service
- in delivery by courier
Back to the table of contents↑
The most common shipment statuses from DHL at a glance
In our blog, we have taken a closer look at the most common status messages from DHL and written together what they mean. → Here's the overview.
By far the most popular shipment status
We agree, the most popular shipment status after all is probably "The shipment has been loaded into the delivery vehicle" The anticipation is rising, because the probability that you will hold your package in your hands today is relatively high. With parcello™ you can now check at what time the package is expected to arrive at your door.
Sometimes, however, it can happen that the DHL driver, due to high traffic or a large volume of parcels, does not manage to deliver all his packages. If this should be the case with you once, this will be displayed to you at the latest in the evening of the same day in the shipment tracking with the status: "The shipment could not be delivered today".
Back to the table of contents↑
First aid for problems with your DHL package
If something has gone wrong with your package or you have a problem, the DHL support hotline should be your first port of call. Please note that the hotline number can be chargeable. At DHL, however, the support hotline is free for standard deliveries, but for express deliveries it costs 20 cents/call from a German landline and 60 cents/call from mobile.⁵
- Hotline: 0228 - 433 31 12 (Standard delivery) | 0180 6 - 345 30 01 (Express delivery)
- Accessibility: daily from 07:00 - 22:00 (express until 16:00)
- DHL Chat on Facebook
You can find more information on this topic in our blog article: These are the hotline numbers for DHL.
Help my DHL package has disappeared
If the status in the package tracking does not change over a long period of time, then it is time to think about an investigation request. This can always make the sender of your package. So it is best to contact the online store you ordered from and the person who posted the package. In most cases, the major online stores show themselves accommodating and send the goods again. For more information, we have written together here.
Back to the table of contents↑
What you can do if DHL tracking is offline
Unfortunately, it sometimes happens that DHL's systems have problems or are even completely offline. About the international website www.dhl.com you could try if you can track your package there. Because sometimes only the German servers are "down", but the international servers are still working.
Mit der Internationalen Version von DHL könnte die Sendungsverfolgung noch klappen
The second option is to track your package with the service AfterShip. This service uses the interface of online stores and so can sometimes provide data when no others are there.
Back to the table of contents↑
What happens when you are not at home
If you are on the road or at work during the day, it can happen that you miss the delivery of your package. As a rule, DHL only makes one delivery attempt. Either the DHL parcel carrier now gives your shipment to a neighbor or directs it to a parcel store or post office.
The DHL notification card | © Bildrechte: DHL
With the notification card that the parcel carrier leaves in your mailbox, you can then pick up your package on the next business day.
If, however, you know that you will soon receive a DHL package, but can not accept it, you have three different options.
Possibility 1: Delivery preference
You could arrange a fixed delivery preference⁷. You store a desired location, a desired day or desired neighbors and your package is automatically delivered there.
Option 2: Packstation or post office
You could have your shipment delivered to a Packstation or post office⁷. The DHL Packstation is a good option if you often have packages delivered. You don't have to wait in line for a long time and can conveniently pick up your package with the notification card. Please note that your package will be stored in a Packstation for a maximum of 9 days before it is returned to the sender.
Option 3: Redirect parcel
You could have your parcel redirected⁷. While the package is still being delivered, you can change your delivery address to a Packstation or post office branch.
Back to the table of contents↑
DHL delivery times are between 8 AM to 6 PM local time. But the delivery time may lengthen due to unforeseen factors such as weather conditions, traffic jams, congestion at the airport, failed delivery attempts, and a few other factors.What time do DHL deliveries start? ›
We offer a pre 12:00pm delivery service to many destinations when you book a collection online with DHLitNow or with DHL by phone. We also offer a pre 9:00am service (pre 10:30am to send a parcel to the USA) to many destinations for parcels weighing up to 30kg.Do you get a timeslot with DHL? ›
Your shoppers will enjoy live tracking, a 1-hour time slot and up to the minute notifications that will let them change their delivery date or location if they're not going to be at the delivery address.How do I track my DHL truck? ›
Access live tracking
Click on the live tracking link, enter your postcode and track the location of your shipment in real time. You can also find live tracking in the Post & DHL app.
You can check Circuit Package Tracker for live updates on your DHL packages. All you need is your tracking number given to you in a confirmation email or SMS by DHL.Do DHL trucks drive at night? ›
The deliveries happen between midnight and 7 am.Why does DHL deliver so late? ›
The most common reason that it takes DHL a long time to deliver a package is that the seller hasn't shipped it out yet. DHL can't deliver anything until the package arrives at one of their facilities. It can sometimes take a seller up to two months to ship out a package.Does DHL deliver over night? ›
DHL Express overnight is an expedited shipping service that offers speedy delivery on the next business day. DHL overnight is an excellent shipping service for all your time-sensitive needs. DHL offers package pickup within 60-120 minutes of your order for overnight shipping.How do I know if DHL delivers? ›
The fastest and most efficient way is by going to the DHL website and entering your tracking number. You can enter up to 10 at a time to receive a status update and location of the shipment. There are also the following options: Phone: 1-800-225-5345.What time is end of day for DHL deliveries? ›
“End of day” for DHL delivery would mean the package will be delivered before 12 midnight. However, for shipments that are slated to be delivered to non-residential destinations the closing hours will act as the end of the day. Officially, 6 PM is the “end of day” for DHL delivery.
In the case of multiple piece shipments, the Guarantee will apply to every piece in the shipment. If a late delivery occurs for any piece within the shipment, the refund or credit will be given to the portion of the transportation charges applicable to the entire shipment.What is the fastest delivery option at DHL? ›
Why Choose Us? DHL Same Day will pick up a shipment of virtually any size or weight and get it to the destination within hours. DHL Same Day features include: Next flight out service to more than 220 countries and territories means that you'll receive shipments in the shortest time possible.Is DHL door to door? ›
Servicing over 220 countries and territories
Watch how your package travels with DHL and learn how we can help you with each step of the journey. With international reach and local teams, we offer time definite door-to-door delivery around the world.
Delivery time of 1-6 business days for most major destinations.Will DHL deliver without signature? ›
We can make special delivery arrangements when needed. Authorize delivery without a signature.Do packages come at 8 pm? ›
The United States Postal Service (USPS) generally delivers mail from 8 am to 5 pm, Monday to Saturday. Sunday delivery is usually only available if you've paid for the Priority Mail Express package.Does DHL deliver after 10pm? ›
DHL delivery in the United States is done during regular working hours, that is, Monday through Friday, from 9 am to 5 pm. However, you can request special weekend deliveries if you have an urgent delivery.What time do Packages start getting delivered? ›
A UPS Ground package will generally be delivered between 9 am and 7 pm to residential addresses, Monday through Friday.Can I speed up my DHL delivery? ›
Yes you can. This can simple be done by calling DHL customer service and providing them your full name tracking number, the address that your package meant to be delivered at and then your new address.What does DHL do if no one is home? ›
If you're not at home at the time of delivery, the courier will try to reach you to arrange a new attempt or leave a note at your door with more information. If you've entered a mobile phone number when you originally placed your order, you will also receive a text message with a unique link to manage your shipment.
If your delivery is still nowhere to be found, the next step is to file a missing package claim with DHL. However, according to DHL policy, only the bill-to-party/shipper can file these claims. As such, the company recommends contacting the shipper/seller to make a claim.How many times does DHL attempt to deliver? ›
DHL will make 2 delivery attempts before placing the shipment on hold.Who delivers faster FedEx or DHL? ›
For domestic transportation in the USA, FedEx Overnight service is typically faster, with the option of guaranteed delivery by 9:30 on the next day. However, for international shipping, DHL Express service is usually the fastest alternative, performing worldwide deliveries in up to 3 working days.Which is faster FedEx or DHL? ›
Is DHL Faster than FedEx? It depends on the desired route. FedEx shipping service is typically faster for domestic transportation in the US. As for international shipping, the DHL Express service is usually the fastest shipping option with completed deliveries in up to three business days.Do DHL packages move on weekends? ›
Yes! When you choose DHL Express, you can leverage our same day, next day or overnight delivery services with which you can request for urgent deliveries on weekends like Saturdays. We understand the need to send time-sensitive shipments, which is why we are available 24/7, 365 days a year.How do DHL packages arrive? ›
After the shipment arrives, it is collected from the airport or seaport and sent to the DHL destination hub by road. Here, all parcels are segregated according to the location. These are finally delivered to the end-user by a local DHL delivery person.Can I just pick up my package from DHL? ›
DHL Parcel ServicePoints are POPular and super-convenient places where you can pick up or drop off your shipment quickly and easily.Will DHL deliver after 6pm? ›
DHL Same Day (intended for lightweight parcels and documents) guarantees delivery by the end of the same day, within and 8 AM to 6 PM delivery window.How long does a package that's out for delivery take? ›
“Out for delivery” means that your package has left the final pickup point and is on its way to your doorstep. So, your package will be delivered either that same day or the next day. Before the tracking status changes to “out for delivery,” it'll show “in transit.” These two are not the same.What happens if you miss signing for a package? ›
If a shipment requires, either an indirect, direct or adult signature, and a delivery attempt is made, but no one is there to sign for the package, the driver will leave a door tag at the recipient's door.
DHL electronic proof of delivery lets you get delivery details and an image of the receiver's signature, when captured digitally—usually within an hour of delivery.How does DHL deliver to apartments? ›
Does DHL deliver to apartments? DHL works like other parcel carriers and will deliver a package to your apartment door. You'll have to permit access if the entrance requires a key to get inside the apartment complex.What time do DHL trucks come? ›
If you have a package that you are expecting from DHL you can be pretty certain that it's going to be delivered within that 8 AM to 6 PM window of time.Do DHL packages arrive early? ›
if it's early in your city/town, it's early to your doorstep. personally, I've ordered things that use DHL as their provider and have received my packages 3–4 days early. Does DHL deliver to the final mile when using DHL e-commerce within the US or do they hand it off to USPS for final mile delivery?Does DHL leave a card if not home? ›
Please collect your item within the next 7 days. If the parcel is not collected in this time it will be returned to the sender. IF YOUR CUSTOMER ISN'T AT HOME WHEN THEIR PARCEL IS DELIVERED OR WHEN OUR DRIVER ATTEMPTS TO COLLECT, WE WILL LEAVE A CALLING CARD.What happens if not home for DHL delivery? ›
If there is no one available to accept the parcel, our DHL courier will leave a calling card at the address informing the receiver that they tried to deliver a parcel. The receiver can either collect the parcel from their local DHL Service Point or arrange another delivery.How long is DHL out for delivery? ›
Please keep in mind that delivery times can vary depending on the product/service and origin/destination relation, from 2-3 days for neighboring countries and up to 20 days for countries with long distances.What time is end of day for DHL? ›
Hi David and Allen: DHL warrants delivery by a specific date, on or before. That is most commonly 20:00 hrs local time where the delivery is being made. That means that your package's latest possible time of arrival is by 8 pm. that day.